Thursday 1 February 2018

Menace II Society Sound Effect - Evaluation

Menace II Society Sound Effect - Evaluation
I made this in a double lesson, I used the opening scene from 'Menace II Society'; in this scene it showed the two main characters (Caine and O'Dog) walking into a 'convenient' store. They felt like the owners were 'stereotyping' them (by being suspicious of their actions, due to them being black), everything was going fine but the shopkeeper then said something that disrespected O'Dog. O'Dog then shot the shopkeeper 3 times and then killed his wife. In this scene, I had added sound effects of gun shots when O'Dog was shooting the shopkeeper and when he had shot his wife. I had also added sound effects of bottles clinging together, when they were taking out their beer and also when the screen had turned to face the shopkeeper, there was a sound of a car horn, so I had personally added it to the scene.Towards the end, I had added the sound of police sirens to make them exiting the building seem more dramatic. I think that I could've improved on the timing of the sound effects in the scene. Also I could've made it more effective by making the sound effects a bit louder (with the exception of the gun sound effect). Also the three minutes long, and besides the sound effects that I had added there weren't that much sound effects within the scene. I also had to space some of the sounds as well and due to this scene being 3 minutes long, this made it spacious and it was extremely long.     

No comments:

Post a Comment