Wednesday 7 February 2018

Music Evaluation

Straight Outta Compton - Music Analysis


I did a scene the movie 'Straight Outta Compton'; in this scene it shows some teenagers on a school bus getting rude to some Bloods. The bus was stopped by them and the blood members were talking to them about messing with gang members. I played some keys that suited the scene, I experimented with other things before but I came to the conclusion to chose the final product. To be fair, I didn't like the music that I had played, mainly because I am not good at playing the piano; and also I felt like it didn't suit the scene that was showing. This, in comparison to the one that I had also done, I felt like my previous work was better as it had suited the scene a lot better. In the Pulp Fiction scene, it played Dr Dre's, 'Let Me Ride'; this suited the scene due to it being set in the 90's making it have the same tone as the background of the scene. In the other one, it was of Tupac Shakur and Snoop Dogg having an interview, I had added one of Tupac's first biggest hit singles (I Get Around); which was had also suited the vibe of the interview. This is due to it playing one of his hit songs to one of his last interviews before he had died. In the Straight Outta Compton scene, I felt that the music didn't suit the scene that I was showing at hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment